ABOUT VIVI DEVI
Vivianne Nantel who is often called Vivi Devi, is a yogini, mystic, visionary, vocalist, music composer, humanitarian, speaker and author of Wake Up, Baby! A Universal Journey of Awakening. More than a spiritual memoir, this book is filled with timeless wisdom and spiritual knowledge…a profound guide to unleash your blissful nature. Wake Up, Baby! intimately chronicles her life’s quest to overcome a battered childhood, survive major depression, near-death experiences, miracles, advanced breast cancer, samadhi trancelike, and seek in the mystical land of India, and walk the spiritual path with enlightened masters such as:
- Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath
- His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Thich Naht Hanh
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
Vivianne graduated Magna cum Laude with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from San Francisco State University and a minor in creative writing. As a published writer and poet, Ms. Nantel’s work has appeared in Yoga Magazine, Poet’s Paper, the National Literary Journal and Animal Wellness Magazine, among others. In addition, Vivianne is a visionary artist and prolific painter whose artwork has been exhibited in museums, fine art galleries and private and corporate collections including:
- Alaska Airlines Corporate Offices, Seattle, Washington
- Senator Dianne Feinstein, US Senator for California
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama, India
- Darren Lewis, Retired Major League Baseball player, SF Giants
- The Yosemite Museum, Yosemite, California
- The Williamsburg Art and Historical Society, New York City
- The Peace Museum, Chicago
- Powell Street Fine Art Gallery, San Francisco, California
- Carla Schmidt Fine Art Gallery, San Francisco, California
- Karpeles Museum Gallery, Santa Barbara, California
- The Peninsula Museum of Art, Belmont, California
- Castle Kruenburg, Austria
Articles about Nantel’s work have been published in the San Francisco Chronicle, The Independent Florida Sun and Alaska’s World magazine. In addition, Vivianne has been interviewed on various television talk shows including Earth Advocate and Bridging Heaven and Earth and appeared in the documentary film Harp Seals by the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
Passionately committed to animal welfare, Vivianne has volunteered extensively for many animal welfare initiatives. She has spoken at the National Animal Rights Conference, in Washington, DC, and collaborated on special projects with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) & Humane Society International (HSI).
As part of her passion, Vivi spent more than two years studying music composition with Elinor Armer at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. During this time she wrote more than 25 pieces of instrumental music and songs. She has also been studying voice with Deborah Benedict Jackson for the past four years. A soprano, Vivi has had three recitals in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The power of mindfulness is the greatest alchemy for being in the present moment. Blissfulness, serenity and joy happen there in that moment
Deep silence is hearing and feeling with all the particles of our being in the ultimate ecstatic state of oneness.
We have the innate divine power to heal anything within us.
Smile, breathe and lose yourself in the magnificent blue sky. The vast beauty of the divine ocean of love is right inside of you. That moment is eternal.